Monday, April 19, 2010

Trains, Restaurants and Washrooms

This is really random you guys and probably not that interesting!

If you were to ask me what 3 things fascinated me as a child: Trains, washrooms and restaurants.

Even as a kid I was an absolute foodie. I don't know how my parents dealt with it but nothing excited me more than hearing we'd be going out for dinner. I was lucky too since both my parents worked, we went out a lot.

When I was little, I never cried at a restaurant (so says my mom) and I always ordered soup. Indian kids have a strange fascination for soup (do kids here?). When we went to england I was most excited to buy 30 pence Heinz tomato soups which I thought were the best things in the world..In India, we never ordered Tomato soup at a restaurant. Why? because you don't order things that you can make at home duh!

We ordered talumein soup (for the most part) it's chinese apparently but I've never had it here so no idea what the real thing tastes like. And then we would order Indian or Chinese main course. You would be surprised to find that mostly all indian restauranta serve some 'chinese' food like chowmein or chopsuye.

Washrooms: haha yea.. see most indian houses and public places have not so fancy washrooms but the hotels (when you are not used to swanky washrooms) seem out of this world. I was fascinated by the hand dryer and took my time drying hands annoying my dad quite a bit. I don't think I ever went to a hotel and used the washroom less than two times.

Trains: Windows seat, always. stare out even if it's night time. Long time spent at the rail museum in Delhi. Will go back this time I think and do a photo feature on it. Trains are the best. If you're gonna visit India you must take the trains. You miss a lot if you fly and buses are a pain, too crowded and smelly. Well trains are smelly too. but it's more bearable I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment