Monday, April 19, 2010

The Famous Five

Of course ..why! don't I love them!

So today working for my final.. to entertain myself I thought hey..the famous five...it should be on Youtube right? And I was of course so excited to see it.. but alas it's not half as fun as reading ...it did bring back memories though!

I think... all the things I love are in the famous five..which sets it apart from say..the american mystery novels like Agatha Christie or Hardy Boys.. I was never a big fan of those.

The Famous five had a vivid description of the english country side..nd they went for picnics, and the dog Timmy... "woof!,said Timmy"..that's how I learnt that dogs are supposed to 'woof!', also, almost all my knowledge about western food, marmalade, pie, even lemonade came from these novels. And Anne's elaborate picnic lunches! don't I wish I was there. yea you can't find them in american novels.. The Famous Five are cute <3

When I went to England, I was most excited to see old houses, the Cotswold Villages are cutest villages you will ever see with speckled with bakeries and homes of this writer and that. You want to just sit there and write poems.

I am still a kid at heart and would love to relive the famous five experience, go camp on a moor beside a farm, make picnic lunches, try to find tunnels, play around with walkie talkies ( they didn't have them but I wished they did haha) maybe we need a new edition where they can use walkie talkies..

But definitely I am more of a treasure hunter person than a hiking in the wilderness person and it's probably because of what I read.

Oh and my first crush, Anne, definitely. She loved food <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment